Wednesday 17 April 2013

Celebrate some more


Font: Migraine Sans MS
Other: Silhouette SD; Cuttlebug Snowflake die (Provocraft); Diamond Stickles (Ranger)
If you've visited this blog a few times, you may have got the hint that I LOVE words on cards.  Not just as a passing sentiment, but as the main event.  So imagine my joy to see that CASology have WORD as their cue card this week.  Amongst the words I use most frequently is celebrate.  It is so multi-functional (if it were a stamp set, it would be Teeny Trees!).  You're not confined to just a birthday, it fits so many occasions.  And today, I am celebrating my 1 year blogversary.  Hurrah.  Also I found a very small stamp that I thought was lost & gone forever, so now a set is complete again.  And that makes me happy.  See - you can celebrate anything!

I cut the word out 4 times with the  Silhouette, keeping the white negative.  Then I layered up the colours with a tiny off-set, fitting the bottom layer back into the negative.  A sprinkling of stars & sparkle & there you have it!

 
I also snapped the card without the stickles (just on the very small off-chance that something might go wrong...),
 

but nothing did (this time). Another reason to celebrate.

Linking to:
CASology: Week #40 ~  Word
CAS-ual Fridays: CFC98 ~ All That Glitters
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Love it - the colours peeking through are awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killer card! Love how you've layered the letters with colors. Very clever girl, and very versatile card. Fantastic!!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Love the long shape of it and the colors, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog-anniversary! I love your card, simply perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! Such a great idea to off-set the alphas (thanks for the tip) and I love how they sparkle!
    Congrats on your one year blogversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your blogaversary! Your card is spectacular! I love how the word pops and I love that you used your silhouette! Couldn't live without mine! Beautiful, eyecatching card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is fantastic!I love the coloured layers. Congrats on your bogaversary :) Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little snippets of colour behind each offset piece are perfect! What a beautiful clean and simple card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How you layered and off set those letters is amazing.... So much dimension :0)
    Excellent wordy card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantabulous!! Love the subtle glittery and shading effect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many reasons to celebrate, right? This card is totally amazing...I love the Stickles on the top layer of all those fabulous shadow layers. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful treatment on your letters! So worth the time for the effect. Thanks for playing at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect!! love the CAS!! thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so Spectacular!! Congrats on making ViP, so ..so great on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the VIP honor from CFC for your brilliant card, Jenny! ANOTHER reason to celebrate!! And congratulations on your one-year blogiversary and many, many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the way you offset the letters... fabulous CAS design! thanks so much for playing along with CASology, jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word - I *love* the layers of letters, such an awesome effect! Happy blogversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A huge congrats on a very well deserved win! Your card is stunning and so perfectly designed and executed! You're right - 'celebrate' is such a versatile senitment...now it's your turn to celebrate your win :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooops! I should have saind on your Honorable Meniton win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome! How did I not know about you before?! Just added you to my favorite blogs. I just got my Silhouette and love the font you used - would you share which one it is?

    Sarah (kegbo)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...