Thursday 11 July 2013

Shades of grey

Stamps: none
Ink: none
Other: Silhouette SD
The inspiration for this came from a Hollister T-shirt I saw someone wearing last night, & since then I've been itching to get into the craft room.
I can't believe I've never created an ombre background on the PC before.  Doh!So simple in Silhouette Studio to fill a rectangle with graduated colour.  For the rest, I found a seabird image online & 'traced' around it, then added lines to follow on with the bird's natural curves. 
I like to think it looks as if the gull is just dipping over the waves.
 
Linking to:
Addicted to CAS: ATCAS 17 ~ Water
 

18 comments:

  1. And OH MY! How well it turned out too! Smashing

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing design... love that you got the idea from a T-shirt :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny. Fabulous design ... so creative. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! You say it's simple, but I bet I'll have a hard time figuring it out. Still, knowing that it's possible will make me keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply sensational....love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is BRILLIANT!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic design! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! SO clever design! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning. So calm and serene, and so beautiful. Absolutely love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG to card is beautiful. I love the simplicity, the hombre - everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's amazing what can be done on the computer! I thought it was the tail of a whale diving back down into the ocean! Congratulations on the Showcase, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a phenomenal card. I love the classic line of the seagull and the beauty of the ombre effect. My mind is spinning with possibilities.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...