Wednesday 16 January 2013

Feeling blue...

Font: Century Gothic, Marketing Script
Other: unknown ribbon; Aurora Crystal e.p. (Cosmic Shimmer)
This card was inspired by a post from The CLASSroom by Laura Bassen.  She demonstrates how to make a tartan pattern using solid stripes. 
I had a go, but wasn't that impressed with my stamping prowess,  then remembered this luscious ribbon that I have been hoarding  hadn't yet found a good use for.  I bought it at a show last year & have looked at it, with occasional stroking & sighing, at frequent intervals, then promptly put it back on the shelf.  But a new year has dawned & I am determined to be less parsimonious with my supplies!
 
 



Having printed out the sentiment, it lacked a little something.  If in doubt, add glitter.  A spread a little cosmic shimmer powder around my craft room, & fortunately some landed more or less in the right place.  However it is a tad camera-shy, so you'll just have to take my word for it!

Linking to:
CASology: Week #27 ~ Blue

9 comments:

  1. CAS perfection! What a great way to use this ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect way to use up some of your ribbon stash. Impressive that you had so many shades of blue! Great CAS card for sure! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do look forward to my follower emails, I know I don't comment much, but had to for this card, I can understand the stroking of that ribbon, it's beautiful and a beautiful card it has made too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. It reminds me of old time diner signs on the roadways, yet so modernized!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this CASE of Laura's plaid! I love the shimmer and texture of the ribbon! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE how you used the ribbon, jenny!! what a fabulously clever card!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, your post made me smile...I think we all have our favorite supplies that we hoard and stroke on occason! I can see why you adore this ribbon...it is wonderful! Great use of glitter on the sentiment, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ribbon is fabulous and you totally rocked it here! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...