Monday 4 November 2013

Less is More Week 144

 
Stamps: Be Jolly (Technique Tuesday)
Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko)
Other: Cropadile, 1/4" & 1/8" hole punches; white e.p.
I've been toying with this idea all weekend, but wasn't sure how to go about it, so I decided to make a template first.  I used a SpellBinders banner to draw a triangle, then randomly punched a variety of hole sizes.  Using this as a stencil, I then marked where the hole should go in the dark card. 
Top tip: find out how far in your hole punch can go before deciding you need a hole right there.  Ask me how I know...
 
PS I had some 'help' with this photo:
 
 
 
Linking to:
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes
CAS(E) this Sketch: Week #52
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous, elegant colour combination and I love that you made your own template for this. And I know about learning things the hard way (and your problem was the first thing I thought of when I read how you made this - I know most of my punches would not reach far enough to get to the centre of that). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely design - just WOW. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome design! I love this! Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the modern, graphic feel of this card! I thought the tree was made with a die or cutting file, but you did it the hard way! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the angles on the tree panel and the stunning tree itself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...