Saturday 28 February 2015

Give a man a fish....

Fonts : Zag Bold, Angelina, Worstveld Sling Extra
Dies: Geometric Style II (CB), Tiny Hearts (SSS)
I needed a card for my b-i-l, a very keen fisherman.  The pun is not my own, but the design is. This is a sentiment that both my sister & I both endorse whole-heartedly! If you google "give a man a fish", there are many, many punchlines. 
I also looked for simple fishing rod pictures, which showed the narrowing diameter of the rod. I achieved the same effect with decreasing sizes of font.  I sketched the rod & line in Silhouette Studio & then dragged the text so it would follow the path of the lines.  The fish body is a bite out of a small circle, with the heart for the tail.

I am submitting this to LiM’s “this makes me happy!” challenge for 2 reasons. I love fiddle-faddling on the computer trying to bend it to my will, & I find it extremely satisfying when an idea works out as planned.  Also it is a good male card, something that I don’t think I am alone in struggling with!

Also entering for SSS Anything Goes.


22 comments:

  1. Two great reasons for why a really great card makes you happy!
    Simply brilliant Jenny... and VERY clever!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing - CAS at it's very best

    Well done on being first this week too

    KAthyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, such a clever way to add the sentiment.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant Jenny I love everything about it. The very clever way you`ve done the sentiment, the sentiment itself and the way you`ve made the fish and keeping it so CaS too.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card! Love your creativity and lucky BIL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fiddle-faddling certainly brings out your genius, I think this could be one of your best. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant idea and design Jenny!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing design, Jenny! So perfectly put together, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING! Super fun, made me happy and smiley so love it.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and a great idea - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a brilliant card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely brilliant! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and sentiment Jenny ;) Viv x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever card and a great sentiment,love it

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great male card Jenny, love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...