Monday 14 April 2014

Paper Smooches SPARKS

Stamps: Free Spirits (PS); Geometric Style 2 (CB)
Ink: Tangelo, Rosebud, Bahama Blue (Memento); Soft Pool (HA)
Die: Birthday Words (PS), Card Curve (SSS)
Other: Diamond & Rock Candy Stickles (Ranger)
I started trying to do this card with die-cuts but it was waaay too fiddly, so I went the stamping route.  I like the way the overlapping stamps allow you to see through, as you would with glass.
The banner is made using the back of the lemon slice stamp in Free Spirits, then masked & stamped over in the same colour with the spots & stripes.
 
I think it's pretty easy to see where my inspiration came from.  I defy anyone not to be cheered by this colour combination!
 


 
 
Linking to:

4 comments:

  1. Another clever card and bright and cheery too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! You've really captured the essence of the inspiration photo. Your card is a party in and of itself! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I love your party scene! How brilliant to use the citrus slices as a banner! The glitter is a nice touch too! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your colourful sentiment and how the colours are repeated in the banner and in the cocktail setting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...