Stamps: Rad (CAS-ual Fridays); Abstract Art (MFT)
Ink: Tangelo, Lady Bug, London Fog (Memento)
As part of my winners package from CAS-ual Fridays in March, I get to feature MY stuff on THE CAS-UAL FRIDAYS BLOG. Me. Where all the cool kids hang out. How awesome is that?
I was sooooo excited when my parcel came through the post. I had been planning this card ever since I chose the rad stamp set. Still took me several attempts to get the inking right though.
I had an epiphany when it came to lining up the paint splatters on the 2 layers:
- temporarily adhere the top to the bottom, mark where it goes
- remove top & stamp splatters on bottom (not my bottom...)
- temporarily adhere acetate to bottom layer
- place top layer on acetate in previously marked position
- line up stamps so they fit over existing images
- remove top & acetate (clean & save for another time), permanently fix top to bottom
And now for my next card, a much simpler affair...
Stamps: Bold Wishes (CAS-ual Fridays)
Ink: Lime Green, Soft Pool (HA)
Other:square punch; Diamond Stickles (Ranger)
Yup, just the 2 inks. The lime green is a new purchase from SSS, with the other part of my CFC prize. The pale green is a second generation stamping of the lime green (& if I'm being really honest, I think I prefer it). The bluey green is a happy accident of the 'whoops-I-didn't-clean-my-stamp-properly' kind. A couple of simple spacer pieces helped to keep the squares even & true.
Thanks again to CAS-ual Fridays for the great prizes & for the fantastic challenges that they keep coming up with which allow us all to share in the fun.