Friday 31 August 2012

Back to school - at last!

Stamps: Polka Dot Basics II , Take Note(PTI)
Ink: Lady Bug, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Other: 2",1.75", 1.125" circle punches; apple punch
I am SO looking forward to Wednesday, packing the kids off to school & getting my house back.  Well, apart from the builders, but they're no trouble while they're on the roof.  At least they don't cover my floors in lego.  Which I then stand on in bare feet.  And swear.  Then remember the kids are home, & I shouldn't be using language like that...  What do like best about your kids going back to school?
 
CAS-ual Friday's challenge is to celebrate this event.  I created the clock face digitally, sizing it for a 1.75" circle punch, then added the apple for 9 o'clock.  The hands were stamped on aqua card & then fixed with a plain silver brad, so they can be moved.  Hardest thing? Stamping the polka dots straight.  Seems I'm out of shape, stamping-wise.  Ended up cutting the strip out of my scrap piece, just to be sure.
 
 
Linking to:
CAS-ual Fridays: CFC68 ~ Top of the Class

4 comments:

  1. I love the clever use of the pencils and apple on the clock. The colors and dots are so fun. One thing I love about school is not having to referee every injustice between my kids all day like I did all this past summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! This is super cute!! I love the clock you created with the darling apple as one of the numbers! So clever! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh that's soo cute....it's alarming:) Seriously adorable. http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best thing about back to school for me is that they wear uniforms and I no longer have to hear "But that's not the t-shirt I WANT to wear!" OR "Where are my cool jeans, Mom?" *sigh* Nothing else changes because even in the summer we get up early and leave the house to our respective jobs/daycare/camp/etc. but the clothes. Ahhhh uniforms are the best!
    This is such a perfect card for the challenge! I love the pencil clock hands! I'm so glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...