Monday 24 June 2013

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge

 
Stamps: Lovely Layers, Boxes Bags & Tags, Tin Types (PTI); It's Your Day (HA); Basic Borders (ME)
Ink: Tangelo, Morocco, Rose Bud (Memento); Versamark (Tsukineko)
Other: 2" circle punch; white & gold e.p. (WOW)



























This card is for PTI's June bloghop "A Touch of Gold".  To make the medallion, I scanned in my Lovely Layers set, then used Silhouette Studio to trace, replicate & rotate a particular image 3 times.  I then welded these together  & added an offset outline.  I cut it out, stamped & embossed it, then wound gold thread around to create the 'net' pattern.



 
My favourite part of the card, however, is the glossy faux brads.  The small ring stamp from Boxes, Bags & Tags was stamped in versamark & embossed with gold.  I coloured it using a blender pen with the same inks as the medallion, then punched it out with a 1/4" hole punch.  After sticking in place on the card I added glossy accents for the final touch.  The embossed rim enabled me to spread the gloss around with a pin without going over the edge.
 
Am also entering this for Less is More this week, although I'm not entirely sure it's quite 'less' enough!
 
Linking to:

24 comments:

  1. Jenny - no photos? This same thing happened to Hannelie (Desert Diva) yesterday - not sure if she's resolved it but she may be able to give you some advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You just showed me a whole level of Silhouette that I guess I knew existed but didn't realize people were actually doing. So cool - especially 'scanning in' the stamp set - that's a whole new set of possibilities! Love what you've done with the gold twine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. This is so bright and fun. I love how you were so creative with your Silhouette. I can see I need one for my birthday, not Christmas! Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific card, I love the touch of gold.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWser - this is terrific and I LOVE your colour choice

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing how you made the medallion-- I'll have to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I wouldn't have thought to use something like the Silhouette to do that! Would love a detailed how-to cause there are a lot of possibilities here. Gorgeous card, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is awesome! Love how you used the thread to make the medallion. Such a great idea and the perfect "touch of gold".

    ReplyDelete
  9. The net of gold is a great way to hilight your beautiful medallion! Love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so perfect! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just amazing, Jenny! Love that gorgeous medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty medallion- love the colours and stamping under the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABulous! You've taught me something new today! Loving the colours on your card so cheerful. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, I love the medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing details and colour scheme. Your little dots are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very 'celebration' card! Love your brads and how you created the medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the warm color palette & amazing medallion! Your cards are amazing and I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award - please check out the details on this post http://jacquiesouthas.blogspot.com/2013/06/paying-it-forward-liebster-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. fab card
    thank you so much for the birthday wishes.
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card Jenny! So glad your are our Guest DT this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...