Thursday 20 March 2014

A very graphic birthday card...

Font: migraine sans
Die: Stitched Mats Square (Lil' Inkers)
OO-er.  But it is.  Indisputably graphic.  Can you guess I'm playing along with the new Card Concept challenge?
 
Inspiration came from the most unlikely source - the BBC graphics accompanying the latest UK Budget details.  Amongst the usual car / petrol / booze etc, there is a CAKE icon.  Why?  I know not.  As far as I am aware there has been no new tax on cake, but maybe the chancellor is considering that for next time!
 
Anyhoo, having got a cake & a glass, I surfed around for the presents, then morphed them into the above.  Please note the restraint in advocating only 2 drinks & a single cake!
 
I had great trouble trying to get the right blue to print out.  What I see on my screen is gorgeous, but turns to bleuch at the printer.  With much trial & error, I managed to match it to my cardstock eventually.  I think this may become a go-to quick make - just change up the colours to suit.
 
Linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Love this graphic card and your color combo too. Have I mentioned I love the title of your blog?!? Housework avoidance...hahaha...right up my alley ;) Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of the icons - inspiration can certainly come from anywhere, even a Government Budget! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great and fun! Love that you were inspired by the Government!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh I love this! What a great graphic card and wonderful take on the challenge photo! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, I love the emoticons. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across your blog and have had a fun time browsing around! You do such pretty cards that are so appealing to me! I am your newest follower...and I have a Silhouette so I'll be checking in to see what other fabulous things you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! That smiley face makes me smile! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...