Saturday 28 April 2012

Make a clean & simple card from paint charts



This is an idea that's all over the web.  Using the paint charts means you don't have to worry about matching / toning your colours.  It's already been done.  And it's free.  What's not to love? 

If you are going to make more than one of these, the easiest thing is to make a template.

I made mine using my Silhouette. You could also fold the paper & use a punch or scissors.  Make the template the same size as the card base & use temporary adhesive to hold it in place while you stick down your punched shapes. 

If I want to put a sentiment on the front, I just move the whole template up a bit.

Entered into Less Is More Challenge & CAS-ual Fridays this week.

24 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, if you wish this pretty card to be considered in our challenge, you will need to mention our challenge in your posting and add a link back to our blog!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny
    Gorgeous idea ....Fabulous card ....
    hugs sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenny...much appreciated... it would have been awful if this lovely card had remained ineligible for consideration for our ShowCASe
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Jenny! a great idea to use the paint charts. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Jenny! And thanks for the tip on the template. I would toil away with my ruler and pencil for 100 cards before I would think of making a template, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and elegant, perfect for the sketch. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card!a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea, thanks for the tip about the template, great card
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to make a template, clever take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely CAS card and so contemporary. I have no idea what a silhouette is though, probably something I can't afford! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, so simple.
    It reminds me of a card I made similar to this. I was asked to make a 60th birthdy card with out '60' being mentioned so I punched 60 tiny stars and stuck them on in a grid like this.
    I love the gradation of colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to Less i sMore Jen
    Terrific cards, perfectly placed
    Thank you
    mandi

    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely card, i do like the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super card and such a brilliant idea.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea.- so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully graphic Jenny, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So simple and creative, love it :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...