Saturday 9 March 2013

Spots 'n' Stripes

Stamps: Basic Borders (Mama Elephant); Outside the Box (Schlosser Designs)
Ink: Rose Bud, Lilac Posies, Tangelo (Memento)
Font: Sunshine Poppy, EcoFont Sans Vera
Other: Fiskars Stamp Press
Good morning folks.  Its the second Saturday of the month which means... the dreaded one layer challenge over at Less is More.  I haven't participated in the last few as they were much too hard!  This is much more up my street.  I defy anyone not to like spots & stripes.
What's more, this design allowed me to test out my latest toy - a stamp press.  I've seen this around & about for a while now & never really seen the need, but having taken part in the CAS card class recently, a whole new world of possibilities was opened up.  It lets you position stamps so much more easily - you can get right up close to the paper before you commit & press down.  Fab.  As a result, I was able to complete this card without resorting to masking.  I just used the lines on the stamp press to work out where on the stamp length the ink should stop.  Much easier.  Having said that, I did have very many..ahem.. trial runs.  You'd think I'd have learned by now to clean off the whole stamp each time, but no..  However, very pleased with the final outcome.
 
Linking to:
Less is More: Week 110 ~ Spots & Stripes
CAS-ual Fridays: CFC93 ~ Colour Blocks

22 comments:

  1. It's just FAB-u-LOUS!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow this is terrific!
    Those colours look amazing and the design is fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! So graphic and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. Love the colours and those border stamps. Very, very nice card.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Jenny and it's a great colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful combination, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb design and fantastic stamping! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, gorgeous, I love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute card. Love the design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Jenny, very original desing, very contemporary, i like the bright colours, remind me a sun:D.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing, fabulous, gorgeous card, I love it!!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colors, wonderful PINWHEEL design!
    So Cheerful! And the cute Happy sentiment, makes me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your amazing card. The colours are fabulous.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow so effective, you should be pleased with it, a really striking card.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW ... fabulous. Really wonderful colors and great layout.

    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow..this is fantastic! Stunning card with a perfect design and what a great way to incorporate color blocks!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous one layer card, love the colours.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful take on color blocking! I love the interest that using patterns adds to the blocks :)
    Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun and funky design you created with those dots and stripes! I just got a stamp press myself ... boy that would have come in handy over the years, right?! So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...