Thursday 26 April 2012

Paper pieced tractor card


This has to be one of my favourite cards ever.  I can't draw for toffee, & am not much better at colouring, so I like to build pictures by paper piecing.  Usually this involves stamping, but this picture was entirely my own creation.

The card base is a 9.9cm square (I can get 3 of these from 1 sheet of A4).  I sketched the idea out very roughly on scratch paper & then used this to make templates to draw around on the patterned paper.  The wheel sizes were dictated by my punch collection, so this was where I started.

Each piece was sponged with black ink before being glued into position, to give definition to the edges.

Paper pack used is 6"x6" Hopscotch Boy by K & Co.

1 comment:

  1. BEST CARD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...