Saturday, 12 May 2012

50th birthday card

Stamps: Star Prints, Text Style, Polka Dot Basics II (PTI), mesh (Visible Image)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Orange Soda (Crystal Wilkerson)
Sentiment: Migraine Sans
Card base: 9.9cm square, linen white (Paper Mill Direct)
This was a new technique I tried out, & I am very pleased with the result. 
I printed out the sentiment on the card base & stuck on the template below with temporary adhesive.  To make sure I got the holes in the right place relative to the sentiment, I pressed them up against a window so I could see the text through the card of the template.

Then I masked the holes off individually using post-it notes.  Only a tiny portion of the stamp was inked up, & then stamped through the holes.  The Star Prints set from Papertrey was ideal for this as it contains a huge variety of small scale patterns.

I cut out the numbers 3 times: once in paper & twice in card.  Before the layers were adhered together, I went around the edges with an orange felt tip pen.  The paper was a scrap left over from a previous project.
The numbers were then fixed on using sticky pads.

I can see this as a stand-by card, with a supply of numbers ready to hand at the last minute!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant card, I have spent ages looking through your cards, you are such an inspiration.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...