Thursday 3 May 2012

Clean & simple's the name of the game


Stamps: Miss You (My Cute Stamps)
Ink: Tumbled Glass (Ranger Distress Ink), London Fog (Memento)
Card base: 9.9cm square, linen white (Paper Mill Direct)
This card didn't come easily to me.  I had a half-formed idea way in the back of my head that made me dry emboss the centre square.  Then I sat & looked at it for a while.  It stared back, but didn't give me any clues.  We sat like that for a while.  Eventually I tried to find a stamp that would fit. (Duh! Why didn't I do a square to fit, around a chosen stamp?).  Faffed about for a bit longer, but as soon as I saw this stamp, it spoke to me.  Much more than the card base did.

And then I'm on a roll! Did a light application of ink.  I like the way it really highlights the frame & also brings out the texture of the card base.

Promarkers used: Cool Aqua, Duck Egg
Coloured in the stamped image & adhered it with foam pads.

I'm not sure it bears any resemblance to my original idea, but I like it.  I think I'll be trying this format again...

Linking to:
Less is More - Week 65 Sketch

2 comments:

  1. Simple but super!
    What a pretty flower image.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...